"I lose, therefore I learn..."

So it snowed, at the end of bloody February.  I was contemplating getting a haircut, but the cry of battle was there and off to the shop to do so... However the way there was marked with huge slush puddles and slippery snow.  Not having pathfinder left me almost spilling my Java on the way to the store.

Some of the players let me take pics of their models.  Here are Chad's awesome fully painted trolls.  Great paint jobs, but he should paint more elf-gore on the ends of them Troll fists.  I have lost many a game versus his nasty guys.





Here are Jason's mercs. His Magnus is pretty ace, I'll try to have a game with him next time.


First game was with Shane's Epic Stryker list.  We played in the league and he got bonus points for choosing a game on a Cygnar held territory.  He took some character solo mechanic with the extra points and he helped out quite a bit by doing a fair bit of repair work on a Lancer off to my left flank and Olde Rowdy.

Around the third turn things were looking ok for me, Olde Rowdy was gone, he was right next to the Stormclad's left.  Stryker was far, far away...

In my turn., the Stormclad was wrecked, and I went into Saeko-Ravyn mode killing all them Stormblades with Ravyn's cheeky thresher, quickwork-shoot, swift-hunter, buy attack, kill, quickwork-shoot, swifthunter, rinse repeat ad nauseam. However as she was doing her anime-inspired victory pose, disaster struck.



Epic Stryker is never too far away... Stryker did his velocity, overboosted his armor and did a Voltron-inspired LAZER-SWORD slash on poor Ravyn... P+S 27 will kinda hurt.  Meanwhile in the shadows, Todd's Cryx were watching.


Time to reform the lines, played Todd a 35pt game, Cryx, ugh, dead people, ugh... stealth galore... this is going to hurt.

Friends 4ever!
I need more time to paint her

Todd went first and on my turn, the orders were clear... if it's dead shoot it, then shoot it some more!  So my MHSF lined up and took a gander at the oncoming nasties...

Ok folks... shoot that death turkey when you see it.

 "Erm, sir, the target seems rather fuzzy, yet we are distracted by something looming in the distance"


... increase magnification... cuz fancy Iosian technology can do that...

"HOLY FRAK!!!


Pretty much Epic Skarre nuked my sorry, yet still very angry elves.  Highlights included Ravyn going berserk on some Bane Thralls just to show off, then getting squirted on by Epic Skarre's black spot... eww then slapped hard by a Seether. Right around this time came the quote of the day... "Eww, don't touch my cards, you were just picking your nose!"

So the key lesson learned today:

I need melee to backup the shooting fusillade from Ravyn and friends.  So switching some units around to get more melee in the list while trying to maintain a degree of nasty pew-pew.  Time to try a unit of Sentinels and Stormfalls to replace the Invictors and Griffon light jack...

Comments

Unknown said…
Hmmmm, I think I should LET you take pictures of my models a bit better, you know, from better angles?
Keep playing, and maybe try different caster. As long as you have fun, right?
Then things click for you, and then.....
"Hear the lamentation of their women~~~~~ Hear the lamentation of their women!!!!~~~~~~"
Scarella said…
Hee hee, well I was scared to mess your models, and you were getting ready to start a game... I'll do a proper pictorial on the next time.
Pinoy Wargamer said…
Now I wanna get back home and do some painting! Would be cool to fight against armies painted that well!

Luigi, I got the fancy pic plugin going on your blog. If you got new pics, just post them up and let me take care of the wonky coding. Enjoy ^_^

Popular Posts